Saturday, February 14, 2015

Maldran

So this is my first hardcore character figure sculpt in several years.  I really wanted to sculpt when the figure sculpting\ecorche class was still fresh on my mind.  So this is a character from the most recent draft of my story.  She's the sniper and pilot for the ship that our main characters sail on during the book, although previously she was a pirate working for various and sundry unsavory crews.

















This is also the first test run of some second-hand LED lights I purchased as a christmas gift for myself :)

So I was definitely going for a Steam Punk look here.  I'm generally pleased with the figure, although looking at it now I'm still upset by a few mistakes I clearly made.  But I still think I'm making progress, I just wish I had more time in general to sculpt and develop as an artist.

3 comments:

sgraham said...

Jon, is the mouth animatable? How is it open in some shots and not others?

Jonathan Hoffman said...

I sculpted multiple heads that I can swap out on the sculpture.

sgraham said...

That is so cool. I love your work.